Is there any way to turn an F150 into a diesel truck?

HailSusytttt

Dec 26, 2008
Yeah I know the question is weird but I was wondering if there's any way that you can turn an F150 that is a 4.6 L V8 into a diesel truck. Would you have to buy a new engine and fuel pump? and what else would I have to change in the car? What about the exhaust? Just curious because I would actually be interested in doing it.

Why would you want to? If you need a diesel for towing power or whatever, just buy an old F250 or 350 that already has a diesel engine. Your F150 would need a diesel engine costing several thousands of dollars along with a heavy duty transmission that can handle the extra load. It's possible if you throw a bunch of money at it, but not very cost effective in the end.

Basically buy an old cheap diesel and swap the engine and system over. It's quite the undertaking but its possible.

Your best bet is to not bother, I think you would be way better selling the truck and buying a diesel one, possibly older for that money because diesel ones are worth more.
Here's why:
Yes you would have to get a new engine, possibly a new transmission to, you definitelly will need a new ECU (the computer that manages the engine) and there are so many other little things, like possibly the fuel lines and fuel pump, even things like the funnel that leads to the gas tank because diesel ones have a different diameter,

All said it would be just too big of a hassle, i dont think it would be worth it.

Back