Is it wrong for me to get on people who call their SUV's a truck?

Steven

May 12, 2008
I swear to god I hate it when people call their SUV a truck. Such as "Lets put your bags in my truck" Even tho its an SUV and may ride like a truck, That doesnt make it a truck. In my opinion and probably the rest of the worlds, A truck is either a 2 door or 4 door cab, with a bed behind it. Emphesis on the bed part. Not to mention Trucks were made for power, Toughness etc. Not nesaryly Ride comfort, And room for passengers, Power comes first :)

Anywho I usually snap at people that do call their SUV a truck. And I can get mean And then I start to go into this huge lecture. Its just annoying.
Yeah I actually heard that about suv's, The chassis part anyway. But its funny because some of the people that call them trucks, are these house wives that Know nothing about how similarly they are built to trucks, if they are.
Btw I thought it was Sport Utility Vehicle, Not Suburben Utility vehicle?
Marcia well put, You have the best answer here so far, Very well written, Very informative. Although You didnt answer my question directly You did explain why some people call their suv trucks. Thanks man

Back