Is it sick for someone to laugh at Christ on the cross?

Anyone who would laugh at another's misfortune, especially when that other person is being beaten and/or tortured is a sick and twisted person.

No one is "laughing at Christ"---Jesus is long dead. What they are mocking is a SYMBOL of Jesus--a piece of wood or iron. It means nothing to mock it. It's like burning a flag. A flag is just a piece of cloth unless someone wants to make a big deal out of it.

What do you think? Of course it is. That person is laughing at an image of someone in pain, that's sick. And it is disrespectful to people of that religion to laugh at something which is so important to them. I am an atheist but I still have respect for people's beliefs.

It is sick or evil -- or both -- for anybody to laugh at anybody being tortured to death. Just ask such a person how he'd like it if people mocked him instead of rescuing him while he was being crucified.

Yes that person probably has personal issues. I usually find people like that have had problems at home, like for example their parents not loving them. You can't do anything but feel bad for those people and just send a small prayer for them.

I mean yeah, it's bad to laugh at someone's pain. But Jesus probably wasn't real though, so they are really just laughing at a story.

Schadenfreude is a German word meaning someone who derives pleasure from another's pain. This is a horrible word for a horrible concept. When people mock Jesus Christ on the cross, I just wonder what their childhood was like and what kind of mother or father they had who never taught them compassion or respect.

"Father, forgive them because they don't know what they are doing". (These words of Jesus on the cross are so appropriate for today)

depends there is times I am demon attacking the self righteous Jesus thinking he is so great and full of glory being the only one holy and righteous and he can come down and die for us and shout I am a God so perfect and holy, I can die and rise, but the holy God lacks the wisdom to make us holy and righteous as him as all the Christians shout IMPOSSIBLE to be like God in this world, for God could only nail himself up and rise and say we are righteous by the blood...then my faith changes that God can make me holy and righteous AS him and I believe, and grace was shed because this world lacks the faith in a God that can do all things and they think they have to be sinners because of human nature and adam and Eve, and God with love gave them all grace for they do not fear the Lord their God who is holy, and he walks by himself.

I will only make fun of the cross if Jesus lacks the wisdom to make people like him, which no one is, and he is only able to shout look I can nail myself up and shout glory GLORY I can rise....as sinners are all around me attacking me and my faith that I want to walk AS holy AS God and righteous in this world and they talk like this demon IMPOSSIBLE....one day if my faith is true, I will walk AS holy AS God and righteous as the Christians shout IMPOSSIBLE, as I have been here a long time by faith and prayers to be.

Actually the pictures one sees of Christ on the cross is a misconception of the facts.

The word that the original Greek language used for the implement of Christs death denotes a torture stake.

TORTURE STAKE
An instrument such as that on which Jesus Christ met death by impalement. (Mt 27:32-40; Mr 15:21-30; Lu 23:26; Joh 19:17-19,*25) In classical Greek the word (stau·ros?) primarily denotes an upright stake, or pole, and there is no evidence that the writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures used it to designate a stake with a crossbeam.

The book The Non-Christian Cross, by John Denham Parsons, states: “There is not a single sentence in any of the numerous writings forming the New Testament, which, in the original Greek, bears even indirect evidence to the effect that the stauros used in the case of Jesus was other than an ordinary stauros; much less to the effect that it consisted, not of one piece of timber, but of two pieces nailed together in the form of a cross.*.*.*. it is not a little misleading upon the part of our teachers to translate the word stauros as ‘cross’ when rendering the Greek documents of the Church into our native tongue, and to support that action by putting ‘cross’ in our lexicons as the meaning of stauros without carefully explaining that that was at any rate not the primary meaning of the word in the days of the Apostles, did not become its primary signification till long afterwards, and became so then, if at all, only because, despite the absence of corroborative evidence, it was for some reason or other assumed that the particular stauros upon which Jesus was executed had that particular shape.”—London, 1896, pp. 23, 24.

Laughing at the suffering of Christ, no matter what form it took, would put one in a very dangerous position.

Back