Is it safe to vacation in Manila with a baby?

Lola

May 13, 2008
I heard if you visit south of the philipines, they will kill you. Is this true? I'm planning to visit Manila with my family but I'm scared because we are light skinned people. Will we fit in? Are there lots of tourists that visit Manila?

I would be more worried about the child's immune system, it may still be weak and going into a country with lower sanitation standards and tropical environment, I do not think medically it would be a good Idea. Wait until your child's immune system is stronger and immunized for tropical diseases and hepatitis. I would see a doctor that specializes in tropical medicine before you decide to take your vacation. But Manila per say is just like any other city, there are good parts and parts you want to avoid. If you stay in the secured tourist areas there and use common street sense should not be a problem, the hill country is another story pockets of communist and Jihadist fighting there.

Manila is in the northern part. But it is a big city with all the problems & crowding of big city life. Don't go out at night, only go shopping or visiting with a local friend, only drink bottled water & you should be OK

alots of white are having thier vacation in the philippines however you must take extra care because there are some bad elements around that could lead to bad imptressions for you and the rest who plan to visit the country

Back