Is it alright and safe 4me to leave $1,400 worth of equipment (2 newer

Wikobey

Sep 27, 2011
laptops) in the bed of a truck while..? while going into a minute mart? I'm just wondering its a topic that I am having with another person.

A 28 year old man who is 5'6 and weights 250lbs thinks its alright to leave a truck load of vacation equipment/materials/packaging in the bed of a truck while no one is inside the truck and with no one standing next to the truck while the man is inside the store buying beer. He said that he watched the laptops/luggage and equipment in case anyone went by it....but I say....well what about the 5 seconds that your eyes had to grasp on to the beer box or grab those 2 bottles of wine, or grab the money in your wallet. Sometimes a lot can happen in 5 seconds. He says if someone would have grabbed a bag he would have 'chased' them in the truck, meanwhile he has no license and also to mention his own laptop got stolen out of his own driveway while it was sitting in the bed of a truck so he had to go and buy a new one a month later, that was one of the newer laptops in the bed of the truck. So he said he would have jumped fences or wahtever it took.

I simply say.....it would have just been better to simply grab the two laptop bags and set them inside the car, or have left them at home, or to even just ADMIT that it was not the brightest idea to have left them alone.

OH yeah and also this is in not a very good neighborhood.

Back