IPhone 4 in microwave please help!!?

DasiaPelt

Feb 4, 2013
Today, being as stupid as I am put my iPhone 4 in the microwave for 3 seconds. It turned off & I got it back on by putting it on the charger. Now, my lock button won't work & my phone won't detect wifi, those are the only problems I'm aware of as of now. I feel like the stupidest person on the planet. Any tips / advice on what I should do? Your help would be appreciated. (PS~ a new phone is kinda my last resort)

First question of all, why did you put your phone in the microwave? Some sort of scientist are we?

Tips & Advice:
1. Send it to Apple for repairs and see what they can do. If they cannot do anything about it, check advice no. 2.

2. It's time to buy a new phone. A new phone will be good as new and won't come with defects (at least most of the times).

3. Make sure you don't put the phone in the microwave somehow for experiments or something again.

4. Keep your phone away from the kitchen or at least somewhere safe.

5. Educate yourself and write down the result of an iPhone being placed into a microwave.

6. iPhone is made of glass.

Bring it to the apple store and ask if it can be repaired. Is it physically damaged or just software?

and dont put it in the microwave again (or the fridge or other weird places).

Back