Introducing him to my friends....?

Sketch0053

Oct 10, 2011
Okay, I've been talking to/dating this guy for a little over a year now. I'm 19, he's 25. We're both okay with the age difference, so that's not where i'm going with this, lol. He means a great deal to me, and makes me very happy. He's coming to town in 2 weeks to spend the weekend with me ( he lives about a half hour away from me). I'm introducing him to the parents and brothers, which I don't really have many concerns with. He's also coming to a halloween party with me, as well as a haunted attraction with me and my group of friends ( there's about 14 of us). I'm a little nervous for the following reasons: 1) He's older than everyone in my social group, most of them being 21-22, 2) We're a very exciting group of people- which can be a lot to handle if you aren't already used to us, 3) the guy i'm seeing is a little more 'polished' than my friends. I'm concerned with the situation because I don't want either parties to not like each other. My friends know about him, and viceversa. I'm just hoping for some advice or ideas on how to make the process go smoothly. Both parties mean so much to me.

- Just extra info, I tend to keep my personal life very private, so unless someone means a lot to me, I don't bring them home to meet my parents or friends. This is the first time they'll be meeting this guy im seeing, but surely not the first time they've heard about him.

I was dating this girl once, we dated for about 4 months. I went to a christmas party with her and her group of friends with which I'd never met. We broke up that night. Her friends were obnoxious, immature, and rude. She was about 5 years younger than me, so were they. I'm not saying don't take him, yall have been together a lot longer and hence probably have a much stronger relationship.

I think your friends will be fine with it, a loud noisy crowd, im sure he will have fun too :D

Well what I would say is to just make him feel comfortable with everything throughtout the being with your friends thing dont ignore him or anything try involve him into something like conversations make him get comfortable and use to thr environment of being around your friends trust me you don't want him to be feeling uncomfortable and the age difference isn't that mucchh if he was like 30 then thatbwould be a different story lol but other then that you have nothing to worry about good luck and I hope this helps you out

Back