I'm trying to record an FPS game with my laptop, I have a few questions...?

Anthony

May 24, 2008
Okay I have an ASUS Notebook, UL50A/UL50Ag series, my processor is Genuine Intel(R)CPU 1.30Ghz, I have 4.0 GB of RAM, 64 bit operating system (If I am missing information please let me know) OH! My graphics card is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I didn't add anything to this laptop it stands the way it is!

Okay now to the question, I have been having a few problems with lag on different games. I am trying to record a video using Fraps. Now when I have fraps loaded it says about 40-50 FPS WITHOUT recording, when I start recording it drops to 4-5 FPS. Is there a way I can increase my FPS on my laptop to increase speed of the game and recording? I've tried everything as far as clicking half-size on fraps etc. etc. that isn't going to work. Do I need to get a new graphics card or somebody even suggested getting a separate HDD? If I do need a new graphics card, would you guys have any suggestions as to which one I should look for that isn't that expensive? Any tips to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Back