I'm so burned out doing karate but I still want to train in BJJ, how?

ElKapitan

Mar 16, 2011
It would be OK to take BJJ on Monday and Wednesday, provided it does not stand for BIow Job Jitsu.

I train kyokushin 2x a week, and I am insomniac, so I feel tired most of the week, but I really really want to take BJJ twice a week, now looking for a good school, any advice that you can give me, not related to my insomnia????

Can you tell me how to manage my energy, say I take karate Monday and Thursday night, would it be okay to take BJJ on Monday and Wednesday?????

You can alternate training, if you're tired, skip one or both, rest, and do it again the following week.

You have trouble with your energy and are trying to do Karate AND BJJ on one day, Monday? That might not be the wisest choice.
How about Karate-Monday, BJJ-Tuesday, Wednesday to rest and review what you have learned on your own, Karate-Thursday and then BJJ on Friday again, then you have the weekend to rest and review. That way your training is more spread out and you will have time to train on your own which is necessary if you want to be good at martial arts. It is better for you to keep a steady pace when training rather than training in spurts.

You have trouble with your energy and are trying to do Karate AND BJJ on one day, Monday? That might not be the wisest choice.
How about Karate-Monday, BJJ-Tuesday, Wednesday to rest and review what you have learned on your own, Karate-Thursday and then BJJ on Friday again, then you have the weekend to rest and review. That way your training is more spread out and you will have time to train on your own which is necessary if you want to be good at martial arts. It is better for you to keep a steady pace when training rather than training in spurts.

You can alternate the days you train karate and jiujitsu. I do karate, jiujitsu, and boxing, and sometimes they are even one after another.

You can alternate the days you train karate and jiujitsu. I do karate, jiujitsu, and boxing, and sometimes they are even one after another.

Back