Im looking at this 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, is it a good deal? --$3990?

dirt_riderYZ250

Aug 13, 2008
I dont really know a whole lot about mechanical specifics but I do know like their exact purpose and stuff. Is the Mitsubishi worth almost 4k? Here are the mod specifications and description:

HATCHBACK 2 DR
2.0L L4 FI
ALL WHEEL DRIVE

.Just had a full transmission rebuild done by the infamous JNZ Tuning. The rebuild included gears, syncros, ACT 2600 Clutch, and Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel.

ACT 2600 Xtreme Street Clutch kit with Pressure Plate / Throw Bearing
Alpine Type-R Component Speakers
APEX'i AFC NEO
APEX'i N1 Down Pipe and 3" Cat Back Exhaust
APEX'i Pen Style Turbo Timer
Bearing Shifter Kit

**Thanks for any advice.

it looks like a good tuner, just for a trans rebuild goes for about 1500 and it looks worth the money, but i'll tell you something else depending where you live, especially if you live up north where it snows alot the gsx is the best all wheel drive vehicle for the snow. thats just my opinion.

if your looking for a daily drive then proboly get a lower performance version like the GS or RS. The GSX is a great car for tuners like me but if you don't plan to do tons of work on it then leave it for the racers. but if you do decide to get it then yes it is a good deal for little under 4k. I've seen some for 5k and up so 4k is a good deal for it.

I think it worth 3500$ private party if its a dealer then thats prolly why its on the high side. Some do go for more but that depends on condition. I wouldnt get it if you dont want to do work to it. They can be finnicky sometimes and just need someone to fix it right and they will outlast alot of vehicles being sold today.

if you dont hop on that deal you deserve a slap in the face man all wheel drive is the best thing out there. get it you dont find many deals like that

if you dont hop on that deal you deserve a slap in the face man all wheel drive is the best thing out there. get it you dont find many deals like that

Back