If you all christians believe in Jesus why there are a lot of groups?

I'm glad you didn't identify it as a God identity crisis.Much of the problem is due to ego-driven men with Messiah complexes who decide to establish their own religions :itching: which in time grow into denominations.

nothing wrong with denominations. they are sanctified by God in the book of Acts. in fact, God created the first division so we wouldnt have ONE single church that could be corrupted. Jesus said, where 2 or more are gathered together, there HE will be.

That's the thing - they all DON'T believe in Jesus.

Some think he's God.
Some think he's the son of God only.
Some think he is just god's voice on Earth.
Some think he is a space alien from the Kolob Star System.

If they cannot agree among THEMSELVES, about the central tenet of their faith, how can they DARE assume to proselytize to anyone else?

I go Catholicism, the original. All of the fractures are really just one in the same, it's mainly from religious wars and rulers who created them. It doesn't unify Christians.

We can't all agree on the meaning of some of his teachings, or how to organize the church, or whether it should be organized. The one thing that sticks us together is believe in Jesus, and for most, the divinity of Jesus.

Forgive me.
/Orthodox

god is a lie and so is his son. chrisitans cant be in a group because there are so many contradictons in the bible, and so many lies, that chrisitans constanly have to create another form of their lie, so they can live their life in shambles.

They're just different "flavors" of Christianity. We are much more alike than different.

The Catholic church (I'm a Catholic btw) believes that Jesus is God and the Son of God at the same time. It's one of the "Great Mysteries" of the church, just like Jesus turning the bread and wine into His Body and Blood. All the other sects of Christianity out there, starting with the Lutherans and the Episcopalians, have broken away from the original teachings of the church. All the other sects have broken away from one of those two original break-offs because of the same reason: they disagreed with the church on one or more issues and felt that they knew how to worship God better than others.

The Catholic church (the original of all Christian religions) is the ONLY church that has not changed its teachings or its stance on certain issues since its conception (When Jesus made Saint Peter the first Pope).

Back