If i listen to a song on repeat. Does it count as 1 on itunes?

Redrum

Jul 31, 2008
So pretty much my favorite thing about itunes is that you can see how many times i've played a song. I loveee seeing which songs are most popular with me and i think its cool to see how many times i've listened to it. I'm always excited to see how many more times i've listened to a song when i get on itunes.
Recently i got obsessedddd with a song. I've been listening to it every single day. And i listen to it a tonn. I estimated that i've listened to it at least 100 times and i've only had that song for a week.
So today i synced my iphone to my computer for the first time since i got that song and i was so excited to see how many times ive listened to it. So after it synced it said that i've listened to this song 40 times. So i was so confused. I know for a fact i listened to it AT LEAST 10 times a day for a week. It should be way more than that.
BUT now that im thinking about it i did have it on repeat a lot of the times. So i was wondering if i have it on repeat maybe it only counts as 1? Instead of when its in shuffle.
So if i put a song on repeat does it count as a "play" every single time? Or does it only count it the first time?
I'm just so confused. I am 100% sure i listened to it more than 40 times.
Thanks!

Back