I sometimes get an error message when using Windows Movie Maker. Any way to fix it?

gamemaster99o

Feb 6, 2009
So recently I have been backing up a lot of movies and videos that I keep on my computer so that in the event my computer crashes or something, I still have a copy. I will plug the video(s) into Windows Movie Maker on my computer and publish it to a DVD. However, every so often (maybe like one in every ten discs), the burning process will get to about 95%-98% and an error message will appear saying:

"The DVD could not be burned because an error occurred. Try using another blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working properly."

It will also provide a link to learn more, but it is pretty much useless. I've also checked the disc after getting the error message and it works for the most part, but it will reach a point where it will just freeze up, making the disc completely worthless and I have to burn the disc again. It just feels like I'm just wasting money because a tenth (more or less) of all the DVDs I buy will get this error and there isn't even an error code I can look up.

If it helps at all, my computer runs on Windows Vista (don't look at me like that, it does what I need it to do...most of the time).

Back