I need help with Outlook please! 10 points!?

Skylinez

May 22, 2013
Right, so I work in a company that use's a domain, AD, exchange server etc. and each user in the company is set up with their own account and mailbox for Outlook. However, I am having problems connecting this one user to the exchange server in Outlook.

This user is using Windows XP Professional and Office 2007 with Outlook. They have an active user account in the AD and an Outlook account that is working. Both have been tested and are online. Their Outlook was originally working until we had to reinstall XP on the Laptop (they are using a laptop connected through ethernet with a static IP).

Now after setting up the Outlook settings (which are exactly the same as every other user) we get this message:

The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unabailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

Can anyone help with this issue please? We are very desperate and I will keep checking my answers and editing the info if you want additional info. Really need some help please, 10 point :) Thanks!

Back