I have a 2003 audi a4 with 86,000 thousand miles. I am about to replace the

Christopher

Jun 3, 2008
timing belt for the car and....? I was wondering if there is anything else that I should getting replaced while they're doing work on the timing belt?? I want the car to last me to around 140,000 thousand miles and I want to get the stuff replaced that is necessary for me to reach that goal. Any suggestions????????

P.S. It is a 1.8t NON- Quattro

have belt tensioners replaced at same time. head gasket should easily last out that mileage as the only real failure mode occurs when we loose coolant and it get severely overheated. that event can happen at any time if we get for example a hose blow out and sudden severe coolant loss. so if really concerned ? have main coolant hoses changed too that should enable trouble free running for years to come.

...dont fix what aint broke.
if they are gonna have engine out and all that jazz a head gasket wouldnt hurt for a few extra bucks

Consult the owner's manual for any recommended precautionary maintenance. Better yet, find a shop you TRUST, and have them INSPECT the car to recommend what needs done.

Most certainly replace the water pump while you're in there too. It is driven by the timing belt and will cause big problems if you leave it for sure!!!

(edit) your timing gears do not need to be replaced. There are also no guides in that setup. If you really wanted to get nitpicky you could replace the tensioner too, but it is big money for the part, and they don't fail too often.

Most certainly replace the water pump while you're in there too. It is driven by the timing belt and will cause big problems if you leave it for sure!!!

(edit) your timing gears do not need to be replaced. There are also no guides in that setup. If you really wanted to get nitpicky you could replace the tensioner too, but it is big money for the part, and they don't fail too often.

Back