Hunter & Outdoors guys, have equipment, suggestions?

justanotherfreak

Nov 2, 2011
I have an '08 Silverado & '07 F250 Diesel.. I use it for work but want to learn to fish, outdoors stuff, camp, travel, hunt if I can learn to stomach as much/more than cooking fish lol.. all suggestions welcome! Both my trucks have low miles for now!

I;m new to fishing, trucks, & hunting! Buying a .380 S&W Bodyguard tomorrow!

Yeah, I don't understand what you're asking, either. Suggestions for what? What to do? Where to go? What else to buy?

First off, I don't understand why you have two trucks. You can only drive one at a time. Sell whichever one you drive less, and use that money to pay for a boat or an ATV or something.

Second, I think you're making a mistake buying a .380 ACP as a first gun. You would be very wise if you instead bought a .22LR rifle, such as a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60. Those will be much more useful in the woods, and while .380 ACP will get the job done for self-defense, it's really not all that effective compared to other chamberings. The $400 you're spending for that little popgun could be better spent on a $200 .22LR rifle and about 5,000 rounds of ammo.

And finally, if you want to learn to be an outdoorsman, go back in time and tell your parents to take you hunting and fishing. Experience is the best teacher. However, since you can't do that, you're going to want to make yourself a quiet, attentive student of anyone you can find who can teach you how to hunt and fish. That means that you might have to "apprentice" yourself to an old gentleman who knows what he's doing. Go to local bait shops, and listen when people give you advice. Fishing, especially, isn't difficult. If there's a natural body of water, it probably has fish. Your state probably has some sort of guide that will help you identify the fish you catch. Get one. Get a few fishing poles- I would highly suggest some sort of cane pole or Bream Buster, as well as a rod and reel. Learn to rig your poles, and then just start fishing. Eventually, you'll get it. If you can go fishing with someone who is willing to help you learn, that's even better.

Cleaning and cooking fish is pretty easy, incidentally. It just takes practice. That's another thing someone will need to show you. Don't get turned off to it because it smells bad or looks disgusting. Cleaning fish is part of eating fish, unless you want the ground fish patties they sell at the grocery store.

As for cleaning game animals, I'd suggest you hold off on that until you learn very well how to do so from someone who can teach you.

Good luck.

So I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.

You want to learn about being an outdoorsman? Read everything you can, and find people who do it and learn from them.

The .380 is for you to shoot at something and unload it at it and hope you get a kill shot. I hunt too much and fly fish a lot camping during both. Have to have a carry permit when in federal woods or take your chances like me.I carry a 357mag revolver as a back up only. Less is more=meaning if you hike or back pack the less you carry the more fun you will have and distance you can hike. But when I go I like having a camp set up as a base in case the weather turns crappy and I need to get dry/warm I use a small camper twin axles then trudge from there. start this way and plan on short 1 day hikes to get your feet wet,but always plan for the worst. When I hike for a day or 1/2 day I take enough to get me thru a 2 night stay. Military food meal packs are the best! Below I have listed 2 places I shop the first one is for gear the second is well you look around and see what you like best. do not for get. check with forest people in your area for dangerous Game problems. Bears and Mountain Lions depending on the area you go intopIn most cases you will have a blast,but I always carry a first aid kit and a whistle. Have a great Time. Mountains of WV.

Back