How to make a sports bike Yamaha R6/R1 Sound more muscular?

leon

Jun 3, 2008
So small details thinking about buying a bike/ a new Mustang long story short a couple weeks ago my pride and joy 2012 Stang was basically totaled by some stupid teenage texter. Insurance has been sweet the car was payed off and they gave me more than i needed. So basically now I've been thinking of getting a bike more specifically a Yamaha R6/R1 Not to sure on the specs just kind of new to the sports bikes had a Harley a couple years back. So now my question How can i change the exhaust sound?

They're nice bikes but most that i've seen at the local car show are always sounding so whiny for short. They sound like my craftsmen weedwacker and that kind of kills the bike for me but i've heard that some people have made theirs sound well more masculine for one and two not an annoying high pitched sound. So any ideas? Or recommendations for aftermarket exhaust etc?

You can't. Thats the sound an inline 4 racing engine reving at about 10k rpm makes.

Look for a twin if you want something to sound more throaty. More specifically, something smaller that you can handle.

Are you buying a sport bike to ride or to listen to?

If you want something that sounds retro agricultural why did you get rid of your Harley a couple of years back?

Well, the Akropovic Megaphone sounds like heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhav1IHbjBg&feature=fvwrel

Btw, You must be one of the luckiest people around - a Mustang and a R6/R1 in the garage. Nice ;)

Back