How to introduce/bond guinea pigs?

omfgzzitsjessica

Jun 30, 2012
I currently have one guinea pig named Luna. A friend of mine gave her to me last week. I'm going to get another guinea pig as a companion for her, but I need to know how to introduce/bond them. How should I go about doing it?

Let them meet in a neutral area, like one of your rooms inside. Let them meet in-between some wire or something, so they can see each other, but not hurt each other. After a few meeting sessions (with you there al the time) let them meet in person, in the neutral area. If they get along, then clean the biggest cage you have/ can get, and put them in there. If they don't get along, then either separate them and keep them in different cages, and still let them meet through the wire. Don't rush them, or they will never get along. If they fight, them separate them immediately, and if they are a boy and girl, get one neutered, because its hard to keep babies, and pet shops wont accept, and if you cant sell them, then they might start fighting, and you will need like 5 cages to keep them all in, trust me, not a good idea .

Back