How to improve gas mileage on 2005 jeep liberty?

memyselfandI

May 20, 2008
i have a 2005 jeep liberty. Yes, i do a lot of in town driving (average about 50 miles per day) and it seems that all i do is stop at the gas station. I filled up wednesday am and here it is thursday pm and i am down to half a tank. I just got my oil changed and the tires checked and all that good stuff. Which leads me to an oil change question. I went to jiffy lube and they asked if i wanted the higher grade oil made for suv's and i said yes. $60 later i wonder if that was the right thing to do. I would not mind spending the extra money on oil changes if it made a difference in the gas mileage. But i can't tell a difference.I try not to go over 60 most of the time on highways. I don't take off fast or break too sudden. Any help you can suggest would be appreciated!

Better mileage in a liberty (and my camry)

My jeep liberty loses approximately 15 to 20% of it mpg when I run gas with ethanol in it. If you find a station without any ethanol added you may be surprised at the difference. Luckily I have two stations close that are ethanol free.

Back