How to hook up a home theater system to an hdtv?

StanMarsh

Nov 18, 2008
I want to hook up this old home theater system that I got at a yard sale to my hdtv. The home theater system works fine. I just don't know what cord(s) to buy and how to hook it up. I also have an xbox 360 connected using red, yellow and white cables and I want to be able to use the home theater system while playing it. My tv is a Sylvania lc320lsx and the home theater system us a regent ht-391. The home theater system has red and yellow inputs for dvd, aux, and game/camera. There is also two yellow outputs for video and a t-a 1.6/250v fuse thing. Please help.

The Red and White cable are for Audio and Yellow Cable is for video. To connect home theatre to TV, you need to connect them using Red, White (for audio) and yellow (for video) cable. Also, if you have Set Top box to view channels, you need to connect set top box yellow cable to TV yellow (so you can watch video) and set top box red and white to home theatre red and white (so you can hear audio).

Same thing for XBOX 360 - u need to connect XBOX yellow to TV yellow (for video) and XBOX 360 red and white to Home Theatre red and white (for audio).

Hope this helps !!!!

Back