How to Convert My Portable DVD Player's Power Adapter from a DC Adapter to

Anjali

Aug 22, 2008
an AC Adapter? Some time ago, at one of the "Black Friday" (day-after-Thanksgiving) sales I bought a "Digital Labs" 7 inch portable DVD player (Model # DL730-PD) from Circuit City (I think?)

Anyway, over time, the cord of the AC adapter (Model # OPT-A020-9A) has become extremely frayed and unusable. I have looked online for a replacement AC adapter to buy, but I have NOT been able to locate any.

I have contacted Circuit City as well as looked online, but have not been able to find any contact information for "Digital Labs", so I can't ask them where I could get a replacement AC adapter.

Though I have the battery pack, it doesn't last very long, and once it runs out, the only way to recharge it will be to have to keep it plugged into the car's cigarette lighter, while its running continuously for a few hours!

Since I have the DC adapter, and as it has only been used once or twice, it is in pretty GREAT condition.

So I'm wondering if there is a device in which I can plug the DC adapter in one end, and at the other end is a AC adapter plug that I can plug into the home wall electrical outlet, so that I can use my DVD player indoors at home without having to rely on the battery or stay in the car to watch it from the DC outlet.

I KNOW that there are inverters to convert AC adapters to a DC adapter, but is there any device that does the REVERSE, and inverts DC adapter to AC power??

Back