how should i fix up my 74 chevy nova. ten pts?

briank

May 13, 2008
ok so heres the deal, she runs good, body could use some work, but im not sure in which order i should do things, and a rough estimate would be nice (no well it could be anywhere from 500-10000 answers) here are the things, a few rust spots near the bumper, a few quarter size rustholes in the floor panel, maybe one hole on the side of the body, the frame rail is rusted (rear) but only like a two foot segment on each, could use a bigger carborator, pin hole in the radiator ( i have noticed no leak yet), bottom of trunk is rusty (serves no purpose really) smaller tires on back because they are a little too big rimmed, and maybe two bigger exhaust pipes because the ones are fine but bigger to let out the horses a little more, u can tell that its holding it back a little. and maybe a linkeage adjustment but its not bad at all..

so any ideas which order i should go? especially to drive it soon? any idea about costs either separate or together roughly? i dont need to go to the highest flyin garage around either. any good advice is appreciated, thank you, ten pt

You mentioned rust on the rear sections of frame? NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!!!

Some one rear ends you with a weak frame and you are done for. Get the safety items done first. Then I would go with the mechanical operation components. Last would be paint & Body work. Why paint when you may have to pull an engine or tranny to repair a sudden problem you knew nothing about?

Back