How many miles can a 2000 chevy malibu. go up to. ?

That 2000 Chevrolet Malibu and similar GM vehicles with the 3.1L V6 engine is notorious for intake manifold leaks and head gasket leaks. And anti-theft electrical problems causing no-start is common on the 2000 Malibu. But if you can stay on top of intake manifold leaks and head gasket leaks and avoid serious engine damage, and if you can cope with the no-start caused by the anti-theft electrical problems and resist the urge to beat the car with a wrecking bar, and if you maintain everything else, then I expect you can get 200,000 to 250,000 miles out of it, mileage which is common on so many imports. I have serviced some imports with well over 300,000 miles but I suspect GM, as well as Ford and Chrysler, is focused much more on style than quality engineering and longevity.

It depends on how well it is maintained . 150,000 is a lot of miles for a Malibu or any car for that matter that's only 8 years old but it all comes down how well it was maintained , does he have any service records? Has it had an engine swap? If a car is kept up its easy to see 300,000 . I wouldn't have bought a car with that many miles on unless you had all the service records and even then it comes down to how it was driven.

It depends on how well it is maintained . 150,000 is a lot of miles for a Malibu or any car for that matter that's only 8 years old but it all comes down how well it was maintained , does he have any service records? Has it had an engine swap? If a car is kept up its easy to see 300,000 . I wouldn't have bought a car with that many miles on unless you had all the service records and even then it comes down to how it was driven.

Back