How likely are my chances of getting into a Korean entertainment company as a...

BoxerDan

Dec 10, 2011
...trainee? Let me add a little more to the question. I've never been trained or learned to sing before, until now. I am currently attending a music academy in Korea to learn vocals. I don't know how to dance, but I usually learn things pretty quickly. I've been told that I am not too old, however, I am not young either and it would be difficult to debut with this handicap. According to my cousin (CEO of an entertainment company in Korea) and YG casting director and other company directors, my looks are good enough for a boy band or whatever and that I look REALLY young for my age (middle school-high school), but my vocals are not on par with what they want, hence my attending a music academy to strengthen my vocals. So my ultimate question is, how likely would it be for me to become a trainee with my looks, somewhat decent singing skills after attending the academy for about 6-8 months, and my age (21)?

Oh and if you're thinking why not just ask to be in my cousin's company, his company only accepts people who are already exceptionally well-versed in their vocal skills and he doesn't plan on making idol groups in his company. One of the vocal groups in his company : Browneyed Soul.

Back