how do I tranfer music from my Nokia E71 to iphone 4?

DD

May 14, 2008
I'm thinking about investing in the Iphone 4 but am a little concerned that I won't be able to transfer any music I have on my Nokia onto the new phone.

Any ideas if this is possible - and if so, how would I go about it?

You can't transfer the music directly, but it can be done in stages. Connect your Nokia to your computer, and open up the music files via "my computer". Select all, then copy to a folder you have previously created on your desktop, or in your music folder. You may call this folder "Nokia Music" or something similar. As long as you can recognise and find it, the name and location don't really matter - these are just suggestions.

Now that your music is in the folder, the next thing to do is download Itunes and set up an account. You will need a debit/credit card to create an Itunes account, but there is no charge for setting it up. Open Itunes, then click on "File". From there click "Add Folder To Itunes", then navigate to your Nokia folder, using the menu on the left. Once you have found it, add it to Itunes, and that is it. It will add the music, convert it to a format suitable for Itunes, add artwork (album covers), etc, as long as the music is properly listed with artist names, album details, etc. Once it is Itunes, you can sync it to your Iphone with no further problems.

If you need any further advice, such as how to edit the music details, etc, please feel free to ask, and I will try to give you a walkthrough.

Back