How do I flash my computers DVD drive to burn/write a DVD+R DL 8.5gb disc (memorex)

RallyFries

Feb 28, 2013
at 2.4x speed? I have been trying to burn a game (.iso) onto discs using img burn so I can modify the game. I am supposed to be burning the game at 2.4x but it says my drive "only supports burning these discs at 3x 4x 6x" I have tried burning the disc at 3x but the burn hasn't come out clean enough to work yet (I have wasted 4 discs). All the forums are saying I need to flash my drives firmware to burn/write at 2.4x but I don't know how. Also I'm positive this is the problem (so don't suggest that it is the files being burnt on the disc).
Also if I don't have to flash it or whatever, how do I just get the damn thing to write at 2.4x

For one - why are you burning the ISO to a disk to edit anything? You have to edit what's in the ISO with appropriate software, then burn it to a disk.
You could go grab 7 zip for free and just extract teh ISO image, make your changes then build a new ISO
Instead of flashing and possibly bricking your ROM just go buy a cheap one taht will write at 2x speeds. They're like $20 or less on Tiger Direct

Visit the drive manufacturer's website & download the firmware update. Take care & follow the instructions word for word.

Back