how can someone be pure in heart as a christian?what verses (otherthan in the verse

Chelley

Nov 18, 2008
Psalm 119:9) are there? and otherthan the verse of the beatitudes?
what other verses or books/chapters are there on purity of the heart, (not the body?

Allah(swt) says in a Hadith Qudsi: "O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

You might read through the life of David in the Old Testament. He was characterized as a man after the heart of God, which might be the best definition of purity of heart

David was considered "pure" because he slew so many Philistines and cut off their uncircumcised penises for proof to show Saul, the then King. This pleased the Lord.

All mankind has received the spirit of God in them. We are considered pure in heart through the spirit who changes us through the Word of God. He corrects us with the Word. As we are slowly transformed into what God has created us to be.

~MATTHEW 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

~1 TIM 1:5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

~2 TIM 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

I hope these are what you were looking for.
God bless you!

It's just Christian hocus-pocus; pay no attention to it. Just let them play quietly in the corner with their imaginary friends.

Back