How can I make my Samsung Verizon Network Extender work through a shared

Matt

May 12, 2008
wireless connection on my PC? I live in an apartment with only wireless internet (no LAN port to plug in to) and no cell phone signal whatsoever in the area. I purchased a Verizon network extender and was able to set it up simply by plugging it into my PC (connected to FIOS internet via wifi, very strong signal consistently), right clicking my wireless connection and enabling sharing. Twice now, the network extender has stopped working. The first time I was able to get it working again by doing a release/renew (entering ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew into command prompt). I've tried that again this time, along with about 100 other things and nothing seems to be working... Help would be greatly appreciated. (I suspect Verizon would only discourage me from connecting the network extender through my desktop and not provide much assistance)
My network extender is intended to give me cell phone service over internet. Typically these devices connect directly into a router / modem, however as I mentioned I do not have these available to me, only a wireless network connection. My network extender is therefore plugged into my PC's LAN port as described above.
Because there seems to be some confusion...
"The Verizon Wireless Network Extender is used within your home
or home office to extend your Verizon Wireless coverage area
through an existing Internet broadband connection."
I know it is not going to give me additional wifi coverage. It is explicitly for allowing my cell phone to make / receive calls and text messages.
Hopefully someone with some understanding of this device can offer some insight.

Why would you buy a data plan extender to boost a wireless internet service when you are obviously connecting to an apartment WIFI signal? This device will not work to boost WIFI. It's to boost a wireless internet service.

Edit: The device is STRICTLY for enhancing the signal from a cell tower and Verizon wireless data plan PERIOD. NOT a wireless hot spot or wifi. They are 2 entirely different devices.

Back