How can I convert 2.4 Volts DC to 12V DC?

lmf7000

Jan 9, 2009
I want to power a 12V computer fan using only 2 rechargeable batteries (around 1.2 volts each).

The question is: can you give either:
1. A simple circuit that I can build with basic components (transistors, resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, coils etc.). Preferably without ICs, but if your circuit uses an IC it doesn't really matter; or
2. A link to a website selling such a device (preferably from a website that will deliver the device to Malta i.e. it will probably need to be a european website like ebay.co.uk); or

3. If you have no idea how to get me any of the above, but you've bothered to read this far, just suggest an interesting circuit I can build myself (on breadboard, veroboard etc.) and you'll still have a chance of getting 10 points ;). The only requirement is that the circuit runs on 2.4V supply voltage, other than that, it can be any circuit you want

It is possible for you to use complex theoretical entropy to concoct a feasible way to create a huge and soul-destroying radioactive thunder storm which will create a massive rift in the space time consortium which will inevitably lead to the consumption of the sun and all celestial bodies through the mass inauguration of the souls of the deceased which could cause the dead narwhal anti-christ to rise from the depths of eternal hell and all will be damned until time itself unravels and creates a portal to the real centre of the universe and eventually lead to the end of the galactic alliance through the destruction of the portal of Nephron, the starship commandeered by the evil hippothacrus demons in the year of the Dragon birth in an ancient village in the mountains of tibet where the tibetan mountain whales suffered from chronic earlobe syndrome which can only be cured by the blood of a thousand albanian virgins or the fur of 99 iranian flying polar bears which would ultimately lead to 2.4 volts DC changing to 12V DC!!!!!!

It is possible for you to use complex theoretical entropy to concoct a feasible way to create a huge and soul-destroying radioactive thunder storm which will create a massive rift in the space time consortium which will inevitably lead to the consumption of the sun and all celestial bodies through the mass inauguration of the souls of the deceased which could cause the dead narwhal anti-christ to rise from the depths of eternal hell and all will be damned until time itself unravels and creates a portal to the real centre of the universe and eventually lead to the end of the galactic alliance through the destruction of the portal of Nephron, the starship commandeered by the evil hippothacrus demons in the year of the Dragon birth in an ancient village in the mountains of tibet where the tibetan mountain whales suffered from chronic earlobe syndrome which can only be cured by the blood of a thousand albanian virgins or the fur of 99 iranian flying polar bears which would ultimately lead to 2.4 volts DC changing to 12V DC!!!!!!

Back