Home theater dialogue sound problem?

Hayden

May 17, 2008
I am having a wee bit of a problem with my home theater dialogue. Ill start off with my setup. I have a denon avr 1910 receiver and it has the audyssey mic (self setting mic) so i know i have the distance right one of the main reasons i got the receiver. For speakers i have cerwin vega xls center,sub, and side speakers (plus the bookshelfs but i dont have them hanging or hooked up so they dont count) and pro studio fronts which=two 15s and a tweat in one 49" box. I would really like my sub to hit better and my dialogue to be more... dominant. I have it set on dolby and i like how everything sounds but its not moderated (as in the voices sound good and the volumes right and then a fire cracker blows up and the walls are shaking and your ears are bleeding). The setup is positioned almost correctly (two fronts with a center in the middle and the sides directly to the side of the listening position) im in a kinda small apartment so the sides are not directly to the side but both of them are facing the couch. Is their any quick fixes to this or maybe another center or anything.

Back