Help with introduction paragraph for my essay?

Dreambig3

Nov 26, 2011
I need help with my introduction paragraph about my essay.i have to explain what characteristics i think would make a good teacher. I need help with the thesis statement and basically the whole paragraph. The introduction for some reason is always the hardest part for me.

The characteristics i have are:
patient
encouraging
& understanding

Thank you so much.

Oh and this is the promt-

You are a principal and you need to hire some new teachers for your school. Think about the qualifications that this person should have to be hired for this job. Write an essay explaining what characteristics would make a good teacher. Be sure to support your answer thoroughly with examples.

I find it good to always open with a broad statement in your intro, then narrow it down and back yourself up with fact in the guts of the assignment. Start with, perhaps, discussing teachers in general, the effects they have on students, and how that can be improved. Then open the next paragraph, giving your characteristics and why.

But remember, you don't always have to start with the intro. If you have some other ideas for it in mind, write them down first, the intro will come to you later if it has to.

Back