Help with downloading off of google play on android tablet?

Brittany

May 11, 2008
I have a android tablet 4.1, and when i go on google play and install a app it says 'you are downloading.. (then the pic) then below that it says "This app will be downloaded to your device shortly". Then I try to find it on my apps on my tablet, but i can't find it, but Google Play says it's installed? So is it just taking forever to install or what?

I understand your question. Sometimes when you download an app, it does not always put an Icon on any of your home screens.. and when it does, you never know where it will be. It's possible that a few of the apps you installed didn't leave an icon. You need to go to your App Manager button.. the one that allows you to select Apps or Widgets and look for the app there. If you see it, just drag it down to your home screen.

Also, go to your Play Store settings and see if you have the option to automatically place Widgets onto your home screen. If that isn't select, then widgets will not be placed.

Also, you need to also verify if you have any space available for new icons or widgets. How many home screens does your tablet have? My Galaxy Note 2 can have up to 7 different home screens. Some other devices can only have up to 5. How many do you have on your tablet? Do you have any free space? If not, many you need to create more home screens.

You can also verify or check if an app is installed by going to Application Manager. Did you ever do that? If so, was the app listed there?

AND FINALLY....
One last thing you can check.. how many different android devices do you have in total. You do realize that if you have more than one, then when you go to the Play Store to download an app, there is a DOWN ARROW that allows you to select/choose which android device you want to send the app too. If you have more than once device, then maybe you are sending it to a different device. You need to verify and check that out...

Back