healthy eating help!?

JessicaL

May 15, 2008
ok so ive been trying to eat healthy. im doing pretty well i think.
i usually have 2-3 fruits a day
usually only 1 vegetable =/ i need to work on that
and a few servings of dairy, like 2-4

here is an example of an average day for me:

for breakfast i ALWAYS have 1.66 cups of kashi cereal and .5 cup of skim milk.

for a midmorning snack i have a south beach diet meal replacement bar, or a banana and 100 calorie south beach bar, or a yogurt w/ granola

for lunch i have either a peanutbutter sandwich (1 serving of peanutbutter, 2 slices of wholewheat bread) w/ a singlesize box of raisins and a plum or a turkey and lettuce whole wheat wrap (2 slices of turkey) w/ a singlesize box of raisins, 1 serving of almonds, and a piece of fruit. occasionally i will have a bagel w/ 1 serving of creamcheese w/ a banana.

for an afternoon snack it varies from a bowl of cereal (same kind as breakfast), to yogurt w/ fruit and granola, a powerbar, or soemthing of the sort.

for dinner it varies each night but i have pasta very often and chicken very often. tonight for instance, i am having penne alla vodka. last night i had baked chicken breast and mashed potatoes. the night before i had lentil soup.

and then, EVERY night i drink a carnation instant breakfast drink.

i need some suggestions on what i can exchange to make it healthier. i seem to be havign ALOT of carbs, and i need some low carb food options.
also, what is the reccomended amount of daily carbs for someone?
PLEASE HELPP!!

Back