Gym routine for losing weight?

BreakingBad<3

Mar 2, 2013
Hello! So my boyfriend and I just got a gym membership a few days ago! However I want to lose weight, but I don't know where to start... I'm a bit of a noob, lol. I usually get on the treadmill and walk for a mile, bike for 2 miles and then use the weight machines for arms, back, and legs. Could someone maybe give me a propper workout routine? Should I make the eliptical a part of my routine? If so, how long?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just eager to lose weight. I love going to the gym, and I'll do whatever it takes! I've also made changes in the food I eat.

Thanks!!

Yes! That's good! Food is actually the most important step. It all comes down to what you eat. It's fine to eat junk...just in small quantities lol Make sure 80% of what you eat is healthy(a day). In other words, for that 80% portion avoid high sodium and sugar foods completely. You can have a small bag of chips or a small brownie if you like,but it should be before 2pm. This will be easier to burn. When I go to the gym I always pick an intense workout machine and stick to that for 30 min. The treadmill or stairmaster will work. Make sure you are sweating afterwards..otherwise, you wasted half an hour ... Work out at least 3 times a week and keep it consistent. Spread out your work out days. For the second half of your gym visit, use the remaining 30 min. to focus on one part of the body. You will definately see progress after a couple of months. It worked for me! If you have a lot of time on your hands..work out everyday. And if you are willing to..avoid all sweets completely. I personally can't do that lol a little of that won't kill you though.And remember: you gain weight before you lose it! so don't get discouraged! It'll be a little while before you see progress, but for sure you will start to feel healthier and more energetic within the first couple of weeks. Good luck! Hope this helps

Back