Good Vacation Ideas (10 Points)?

kooky

Oct 28, 2008
Does anyone have a good, fun idea for a little vacation? Nothing too expensive. (Tryin to keep it under $1000 including a possible flight.) We're in Iowa and not all that much to do here. =P Any ideas that wouldn't be too far away and something fun for the family would be great! We'd love to go whale watching, but it's just too far. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! =)

You can rent a cabin on a lake or in your nearest mountain range or state/national park. Fishing, campfires, starry skies are all pretty cheap and pretty awesome!

There A Lot Going On In Mrs. Brown Garden under $1000 including beautiful plants and vegetable, from around the world. In addition, the place is swarming with the mysterious Jew-Jew

Depends on what you have in mind, and what your family is into! I'm your neighbor from up north... I hear of legendary family vacations up in the north woods of Minnesota. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but possibly considering something like that will help keep the cost down!

Drive down to Kansas City. You could visit the World war one monument, stay in downtown, go to worlds of fun, and oceans of fun, visit the zoo, see a royals game, visit busch gardens, go to Crown Center and the Plaza, etc.

I don't know if it it the best but it is worth looking to. Wy wife and I were very suprised how nice it was in St. Kitts. We called our local travel agent and we were skeptical at first. As soon as we arrived on the beautiful island... that seems to be in the middle of nowhere. It was fantastic, the weather was perfect on the beach EVERYDAY and it is not over populatet with tourist at all. The Marriott St. Kitts is the place to stay. They offer very cool jeep tours from locals through the jungle and the town. Had a jamaica feel but with no tourists. Check out http://www.stkittstourism.kn/ for more info on the Island and good luck!

Back