good first sport bike (motorcycle)?

AaronBrown

May 24, 2011
hey y'all I got a few questions for some riders out there, I want to start riding motorcycles, specifically sport bikes, and I've wanted this since I was little, I'm going to take classes and get legal, but for a first bike I have no idea.

info on me:
I have no previous experience on a bike. (I am gonna take classes though and take it slow)
Im 6'0" and ~275lbs.
I do have a few years experience on atvs and a few dirtbikes, though I dont think that means much.

From what I've read a lot of people recommend and enjoy the Ninja250R for a first bike, however I am a bigger guy and have driven other 250 machines and I am leaning towards something a little bigger, I like the ninjas but the next size up from 250 is the 650 or 600 I think, which I'm afraid that might be a bit much, so i was looking for a medium, something like a 400 or somewhere in that range. so maybe the GSXR400.

any thoughts, experiences, tips, or recommendations on bikes or anything along those lines would be appreciated.

also,
as for body armor any help? and can body armor fit over scrubs, (for a nurse)

I think something like a Ninja 650 or Suzuki SV650 would be great if the Ninja 250 is too small.

Back