Going on vacation, how can I protect my skin and hair?

Clover

Apr 20, 2008
I'm going to Hawaii on Tuesday, and I want to know how to save my skin from being a dry mess, and same with my hair. Of course I'll be on the beach- a lot. What kind of sunscreen protects you from both types of sun rays , there are a few. The first goes kinda deep into your skin, causing a tan. But the other kind goes deeper and damages your skin. I know there are sunscreens that protect you from both, what is it?Plus, should I use some sort of body wash that moisturizes ?

And for my hair. I have brown hair that is straightened and blow dried and conditioned and all that stuff regularly. Its a little over shoulder length. I'm a little worried about what the sea water will do to it. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help !

Well for your skin, if you are in hawaii you will probably need sunscreen, buy moisturizers that has SPF 15 or 30 that will help A LOT, it's like your own sun screen that protects your skin and it is a moisturizer. it's a must. For body wash, i'm not to to sure about that. but get Body washes with out lotion/moisterizers in them because you might want to put on lotion or sun screen on, so if you apply coat by coat, it might not be so good. Remember if you buy moisterizer that has SPF 15 or 30, you don't want to use body wash with lotion contained, it will proably decrease your spf number.
Good luck and have fun!

Duh...sunscreen. Wear a hat.
For your hair...don't worry about the seawater while your swimming. Just make sure you rinse it and wash it every night.

Back