Going for business to London for an indefinite period of time - should I take my...

JeMe1

Jul 17, 2008
...truck? Hey guys, I dont' know how Yahoo Answers works...but here's my problem.
I'm going to London on business for an indefinite period of time. I'm guessing is 2-3 years. I was wondering if I should take my truck.
My truck is American. It's huge and powerful.
I'll be staying somewhere by Elephant and Castle. I was wondering if a vehicle is needed to travel from there to Queen Elizabeth Street.

Sorry, but I don't want to purchase any goddamn filthy Eurotrash car. They are generally weaker and smaller than their American counterparts. The only reason they're popular is that they're cheap on gas.
Speaking of gas, is it cheaper than $3 a gallon? Thanks.
I'm disappointed that I'm assigned to England. I didn't ask for a dump, I asked for Japan.

Well, with your typically American attitude it would be better if you didn't come here. You won't be welcome with that attitude.

Well in our dump you will have to pay a congestion charge to bring your truck into the city EVERY DAY except weekends. If you live in the city you get a discount. If you import your own vehicle for more than six months you will have to re-register it and get new plates and it will be subject to a yearly MOT (road worthiness check) plus you will have to insure it and pay road tax,(vehicle excise duty). Unleaded petrol is around £0.90pence a Litre and diesel is around £1.25 a Litre.
You would be better off to buy a gas guzzler when you get here and there are cheap ones on the market now as the road fund licence is going up on big engined cars/trucks to £400.00 per year.
Enjoy your stay and maybe your company will send you somewhere nicer next time !!!

ha! you are right. if england is a dump why is their money worth more than ours?-blurey

ha! you are right. if england is a dump why is their money worth more than ours?-blurey

Back