DrDeanCrosby

Christian Counslor
Jul 14, 2011
United States
There is such an incredibly monumental story of a major decision by God that I am really struggling trying to figure out how I can explain it adequately.

Oh wait,this is incredible!The Holy Spirit is telling me God wants to comment on this.Let me get that first.
"YOU KNOW ME.I AM A GOD OF LOVE.I LOVE ALL MEN.GO INTO MY FIELD.PREACH PEACE AND LOVE.GO IN MY LOVE.PEACE BE WITH YOU."

Interesting to say the least! Certainly the words "I love all men" apply to this article.And don't Catholic priests use words similar to "peace be with you" in the mass?
Ok we have to get back to the human now.Here's the scoop ,several months ago the leaders of the Crystal Cathedral announced that they were praying that God would work a miracle by Thanksgiving Day,specifically by bringing in $50 million dollars of donations so that they would not have to sell their church.They even set up a prayer chain of volunteers around the world who pledged to pray during set hours so that prayers would go forth 24/7.In essence the leaders of the Crystal Cathedral asked God to pass judgment on their church and determine if their church should continue to exist.You've heard the expression "God works in mysterious ways"? In the article below notice,in caps,that the church leaders suddenly totally reversed their thinking,indicative of God's influence on them.

CRYSTAL CATHEDRAL TO BE SOLD TO CATHOLIC DIOCESE
By AMY TAXIN
Associated Press

AP Photo/Jae C. Hong

blank.gif

spacer.gif

A
SANTA ANA, California (AP) -- The Crystal Cathedral will sell its iconic, gleaming glass building to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange in an effort to get back on solid financial footing after declaring bankruptcy last year.
The move was approved Thursday by U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Robert N. Kwan after a bidding war between the diocese and Orange County's Chapman University for the sprawling 40-acre property - and was opposed by many Crystal Cathedral congregants who fear it will be the end of their church
The diocese will pay $57.5 million to use the building in Garden Grove made of 10,000 panes of glass as a long-sought countywide cathedral.
"It will become a true center for our Catholic community in Orange County," Bishop Tod D. Brown told reporters after Thursday's packed hearing in federal bankruptcy court.
The decision will force congregants of the Crystal Cathedral to find a new home after three years - possibly in a Catholic church up the street that the diocese will vacate.
But some fear the ministry won't survive the move as congregants - and possibly "Hour of Power" television viewers - feel dismayed after pouring their hearts,AND POCKETBOOKS into the elaborate campus.
Rather, churchgoers threw their support behind a proposal by Chapman University for the site to expand its health sciences offerings and possibly start a medical school - a plan that would have paid up to $59 million for the site allowed the church to continue to use the famous building designed by renowned architect Philip Johnson.
For the last two weeks, the board of directors of Crystal Cathedral Ministries had supported Chapman as the preferred buyer. But the BOARD DID AN ABOUT-FACE Wednesday and voted to back the diocese instead to preserve the church as a religious institution.
"I'm really pleased to know that this campus is likely for at least decades, if not centuries, to be kept as a sacred place of worship," Carol Milner, daughter of church founder Rev. Robert H. Schuller, said after the hearing.

Back