Found an iPhone... questions about it and what to do?

DaNicsta

Mar 6, 2010
I found an iPhone in the gutter today. Looks like someone was getting out of the car and let it drop. Just didnt hear it due to the pink softcase on it. Im actually a computer tech, so im good with computers. However im not an ipod person (love macs.... hate ipods).... The iPhone keeps asking for a passcode. I have been told if i get it wrong to many times something happens. Due to this i can not find whos phone it is by calling home or something. I have no idea who owns this or how to return it to someone. Not being an iPhone person i dont wish to keep it. So has anyone got ideas on figuring out whos iPhone it is.

Apart from that, If i cant find who owns it what would the problems be with giving it to a friend. I believe they have GPS and all that so would it be tracked or something? or is there a chance they can just bar the entire phone somehow.... all that sorta crap. Thats assuming i can do something with the passcode. Im sure theres lots of people with answers and suggestions so im welcome to what people have to say

i would just take it to the nearest at&t store. they can acess their records with the serial number to see who it belongs to. u can give them ur name and number in case the owner would like to get in touch with u. but they wont give u their name.

Back