flipping your high beams

Depends on the state. If the Ambulance needs to stop at a red light before it can go through.

Most ambulances use something called a pre-empter to change the light. And to those saying that they don't... what are you talking about? Its a township by township law.

i've seen the pre-empter thing at work before. i had to slam on my breaks just before the intersection near our local costco, cause a ambulance passed across, lights/siren blaring.

My light went from green, to red, in 1/2 of a split fucking second. It was gay, and i thought i was going to skid :(

I can't believe the stupidity of these posts.

Fucking ambulances and firetrucks have transponders on their vehicles. If they're stuck at a light, they can flip it to green really fast. My grandpa's funeral procession followed a firetruck, and it made sure it was green lights the whole way.

ive actually done this a few times...
i dont know about flashing the lights twice though, i just flash a few times at the right distance at night when no other cars are out and it'll turn green. maybe its just where i live though.

Its called fucking sensors. They notice a car is coming into a red light, even thought there's no other cars around, so it switches for you.

You're the dumb fucking idiot because there are a lot of signal lights in California and other states that use these devices. But you will need very bright high beams and they will need to be able to reach the device on top of the signal light.

LOL Smart Parts Psycho? What kind of a dumb fuckin shit fag loving name is that anyways?

Ambulances use an infared transmitter to change the lights.
On some light systems they're based on a sensor that works out how much flow of traffic is coming from any given street, so if they see bunch of high beems a flashin' they may confuse it with a high flow of traffic and change sooner. So yes, it does work, but only if they have such a sensor. There is no set number of flashes either, so two is an arbitrary ****ing number.

I just spent way too much time on this.
I should have just said "yeah."

Actually, I've seen something done with a universal remote that can access the infared sensors. check it out on youtube, that looked great until I didn't want to buy a damn remote.

yeah, you CAN try to replicate the IR beam, its just luck of the draw matching the right frequency. i guess if you made a rig in your dash to cycle through all the frequencies each time youre at a red, and record what it finds, you could probably find it, then just se that at lights.

no you cant do it with headlights
yes at least some emergency vehicles have the ir beams/transponders. same with stoplights, some have them, some dont.

ive seen ambulances TEAR through red lights going 50. they just sorta change green half way through the light.

i just time the lights?

it's really not that hard to do.

and its fun to roll by the asshole who was just riding your tail cuz the light was red in front of you and then hit the gas and smoke him.

Never herd of this, I don't think it would work. But if you mean like when your setting at red light and there is no traffic coming most lights have sensors and will change quickly anyway.

Back