Firefox + Internet explorer won't connect to the internet!?

[Bao]zeR

Mar 26, 2008
I can open then fine but they say they can't connect to any of the websites. AIM and MSN work fine so I know it's not my internet connection..

Firefox was running fine until it decided to do an update.
I've tried restarting my computer and I've tried getting on IE but IE doesnt work either. I even reset everything on IE and disabled the add ons.

I'm running windows vista home if that helps.

I'm currently using a different computer to ask this question because my computer doesn't connect to the internet via IE and firefox!

D:

any help will be appreciated
i've also already ran norton and checked for viruses

This happens to me sometimes. I keep my computer turned on 24/7 along with my internet connection. Sometimes, out of random, when I use Firefox (I don't like IE) to surf the net, it says I can't connect, but I'm also logged onto AIM and MSN (I love those 2 IM messengers) and when I type in a URL into the web browser and press enter, the lights on my modem don't flash (saying it's transfering data).

I just restart my computer, and 98% of the time, it solves the problem. If it doesn't, I turn off my router/modem and unplug my connection and wait 10 min, and it'll be up and running.

If these solutions don't help, you can contact your ISP and ask them to see if they have any solutions.

This happens to me sometimes. I keep my computer turned on 24/7 along with my internet connection. Sometimes, out of random, when I use Firefox (I don't like IE) to surf the net, it says I can't connect, but I'm also logged onto AIM and MSN (I love those 2 IM messengers) and when I type in a URL into the web browser and press enter, the lights on my modem don't flash (saying it's transfering data).

I just restart my computer, and 98% of the time, it solves the problem. If it doesn't, I turn off my router/modem and unplug my connection and wait 10 min, and it'll be up and running.

If these solutions don't help, you can contact your ISP and ask them to see if they have any solutions.

Back