Explination on struts for a dodge neon?

Trisha

May 18, 2008
i have a 2005 dodge neon sxt 2.0 and the strust and/or bushins r out. how,wut,where and how much does it all go for. shouls my bf do it or would it be best 2 go to aa shop. any help wud be appriciated. thank u =]

It all depends if you're talking about the front or rear struts and I believe that your probably talking about the front struts. Normally if you just purchase the struts you don't get the springs with it and a special device is required that you can get under the tool borrow programs in order to compress the spring so that you can remove them and place them on the new strut assembly.These run for about 70 bucks a piece at auto zone and the bushing kits are around 25 bucks, plus then you need the strut mounts and they run about 70 bucks for both.If a shop does the labour be careful bec many shops will try to charge you anywhere from 60-100 bucks per hour and 90 mins per side in labour time when it can be done in 45 mins per side.Besides that they will need to do a wheel alignment and that runs anywhere from 60-90 bucks.Just be sure if a shop supplies the parts and does the work that they offer a full parts warranty and full labour warranty.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way some part stores can get the whole strut assembly as one piece and if you manage to buy them that way it be a lot easier to do the work yourselves but still once the work is finished the alignment is still needed asap.

DO NOT HAVE YOU BF DO IT!!!! The best thing is to have a shop do it. Cuz they will also do the alignment on all four wheels too. Im not sure how much they go for but call around and find the best price for a shop to do it.. I would also call the dealer cuz they may be a little bit more expensive however... THEY WILL WARRANTY THEIR PARTS AND LABOR.. and you can have it worked on at any dealer.. so if you move and the struts go out again within the warrenty time you just take it in to the dealer and they fix it.. I personally take all MAJOR repairs to the dealer.. They are trained for that car and have all the right tools and parts for it. IF you want more info on the struts.. go to autozone.com they have repair guides online you can look at or visit your local store and look through the repair manual real quick to see if its something your bf wants and can do

Back