Dryer Vent Installation?

kenray_957

Jun 14, 2008
Hi,I need to relocate my dryer vent but the only option is near a window with 2ft of it,against code? House has aluminum siding,the vent in currently exhausting to the crawlspace as I was advised its
a hazard.What tools do I need & what kind of hood kit? Someone say I need to use a 5" galvanized pipe,then slide my vent through it which I have never heard,but says it stop condensation if installed this way? Guess what I am asking can somebody be kind enoughto walk me through the steps,pretty handy? Thanks
Thanks for response,but I could move my dryer to the room on the wall where it will vent next to window & that way only use about 8-10 inches of pipe(straight out) which is really a short run.Would insulation help,don't think there much between the wall?

Big problem is the steam can condense when it meets cold outside air - ideally you need to angle your vent to drain downward to allow mositrue to run off if this happens. The longer the pipe (and the number of bends) the more of a problem. Ideally you want the machine on an outside wall and then cut a suitable hole and vent directly out.

Back