Does anyone still programming FTA receivers? Free to Air?

SimplyAdam

Mar 13, 2008
Are people still doing it? I did it once with a pansat receiver and it worked fine, had to change the program like 3 times a month though, my friend told me that theres boxes now where you hook up active ethernet ports in to them and you never have to program them. I might try it again just wondering if anyone still does it.

Is it kind of like C-Cand. Also I thought FTA was unencrypted so why would you need to program anything, the only thing that you would need to program is encrypted data which is normally not free. I'm just wondering because it sounds interesting and I would love to get into it.

OK CLASSICSAT has no Idea what he's talking about. were not talking about anything illegal. Since you know nothing about this C-band which is free is encrypted so you need to unencrypte it. I am just someone who doesn't know what FTA is and is asking a question. I know that there is free FTA and FTA that you pay for. From my short research the free fta is encrypted. So fuck off!

That is piracy and we cannot discuss that here.

The good news is they have receivers that receive the codes over satellite. You just pay a monthly fee for the value of the programming you want to watch.

Back