Does anyone else get tired of seeing Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal win Grand Slams?

rammsteinfanl1

Nov 26, 2008
They are both great players and are achieving amazing things but, I agree, it would be nice to see someone else win for a change. Since Nadal won his first French Open back in 2005 only two Slams have been won by anyone beside him and Federer. Further more, neither of the players to interrupt Roger and Rafa's roll have been able to remain a threat to the top two: Djokovic (who won the 2008 Australian Open) has not reached another final since then and Juan Martin del Potro (2009 US Open Champion) has spent most of his time since then injured. Hopefully either Murray or Soderling (who have both reached two finals), or someone else, can break through and give Federer and Nadal some more competition.

I am not saying that they shouldn't play their best, but SERIOUSLY!! 6 of the last 7 slams have been either Roger or Rafa. It would be nice if Djokovic, Murray, Verdasco, etc. would step up their game. A lot. Do YOU get tired of seeing them win, over and over again? Because I certainly do.

I like watching high quality matches. If the best matches are between Federer and Nadal (they usually are) then I don't mind.

If the tennis is anywhere near as good as the 2008 wimbledon final then i'm fine with it! But I would love to see Djokovic and Murray up there a bit more.

Back