Do any of the Pacific states have laws pertaining to hunting Bigfoot?

Stringfellow

Jan 18, 2013
Obviously all general rules apply while hunting, so I'm asking about laws specifically pertaining to Bigfoot. But I don't think any lawmakers would mention Bigfoot by that name. Maybe there is a law about "unspecified large game animals" being restricted, or that all legal prey taken from land must be quadrupedal.

Yes, right next to the laws pertaining to hunting unicorns, the loch ness monster, dinosaurs which may still secretly exist, and vampires...

yes actually, I believe washington has banned the hunting of them or labeled the pursuit as harassment, there are a couple of other states that have also put their respective big foot creatures on the protected list. Given that fools like to run around in Gillie suits in the pursuit of legal game that are often confused for big foot it is a wise Idea. Certainly as well since there is no dna proof of their existence.

actually, I believe both oregon and washington have laws against killing a bigfoot. at least on of them has it.

YES

Skamania County, Washington passed a law regarding Bigfoot in 1969 declaring that "any willful, wanton slaying of such creatures shall be deemed a felony" subject to substantial fine and/or imprisonment. The fact that this legislation was passed on April 1 did not escape notice, but County Commissioner Conrad Lundy said that "this is not an April Fool's Day joke ... there is reason to believe such an animal exists." Hunter and Dahinden mention their own "speculation that Skamania County authorities had their ears tuned much more to the music of a publicity bandwagon than to any song of distress" for Bigfoot. Notwithstanding, the ordinance was amended in 1984 to preclude an insanity defense and to consider such a killing homicide if the creature was proven by the coroner to be humanoid.

In response to Al Magnussen from the Mt. Baker Chamber of Commerce, Whatcom County, Washington, an Agenda Bill was drafted (92-247) on 6/9/91, which unanimously passed a resolution declaring Whatcom County a Sasquatch Protection and Refuge Area

Back