Democrats call for invasion of Pakistan

Ah ok... got ya. That was unclear from your post.
At any rate... regarding the comments by Obama... I absolutely agree.
Like I stated previously... it's the nothing more than his political opponents taking it and running with it for to make themselves look swell.

Right got it. As your post and wild_pitch's came after the post of the Tancredo article and didn't mention Obama I misunderstood who you were directing the comments at.

Not to mention the basics of warfare (and for that matter politics and many other forms of human relationship);

Outgoing fire attracts incoming fire

It's in every bloody field manual! and so many so these politicians claim a military background

Ah, I see what Tancredo’s done

He’s used the game theory strategies of the cold war;

During the cold war the Americans calculated that the best outcome would occur if they threatened the Soviet Union by keeping a large numbers of missiles and the soviets kept loads of missiles and each acted as a deterrent towards aggression from the other.
This was based on the assumptions that the Soviet Union’s leadership did not want mutual annihilation of capitals and power bases and civilians.

The theory worked with the soviet union, however the same assumption can’t apply to terrorists because they believe that if an all out war started they’d have the upper hand, they don’t mind lots and lots of Muslim civilians dying and the proposed strikes would not threaten the terrorist organization directly, but would infact strengthen their hand by weakening pro-western regimes and being a recruiting tool.

That mans not a complete idiot, he’s educated, he’s just not smart enough to make sure all his fancy working out applies to this situation. As slip said, he’s not in touch with reality.

I hate religion. I don't think I hate anything else more in this world than religion.

Maybe getting cockblocked by the Mother Hen when I'm trying to pick up a hot broad in a bar, but other than that, def religion.

Voted MAP's #1 most random and idiotic post to date.
Well done.

Give Tekkengod some time... I'm sure he's going to give you a run for your money for the #1 slot.

Not even the underlying psychopathologies like power madness and disregard for fellow human beings that are displayed not only by the religious terrorists fanatics but also by the secular ones? No even the conviction that your way is ‘THE way’, be it from a Christian, Nazi or Stalinist?

Dont care. Ive tried, tested, and studied most, and I still hate them. Call me dumb, dont care... pain in the ass, all of them

You've tried most religions??!!

How? On a rota basis?

("This week Mum, I'm gonna be Jewish, so I want you to keep a kosher kitchen. Next week I'm gonna try Islam.")

Or all politicians are 90% mad?

And also note that the very attributes that make somebody want to be a politician are those that mean they shouldn't be allowed to be one.

Joking aside, I am actually curious to know how you've 'tried most religions'. Do you mean that you've read about them?

Yeah I was just being facetious, but yeah, religion is a big interest of mine. I wont lie and say that I am an expert, or even extremely knowledgeable, but It IS one of my major interests these days.

Bad mouthing religions is more of a hobby than a career i suppose.

Back