Cucusoft DVD Ripper what file type/settings for best rips?

Joel1

Jun 3, 2008
i should have pirated and tested this before buying. im getting crappy vids. i tried the h.264 mp4 with good quality audio and origional video size and the max it would let me make was roughly a 1.2g file and the video was choppy on playback. now im trying the same mp4 without h264. should i try another filetype with this ripper? does anyone use it and get good rips?
i guess im open to suggestions on other rippers to use. im looking for like those 720p ~2 gig rips that are nearly fullscreen without even maxamizing on my 1920/1080 moniter and look exactly like the dvds. most of them say h264 mp4 which is why im mad my first rip came out bad with this software i just payed 50$ for :(
handbreak doesn't rip DVDs anymore. its clearly stated on that homepage
im sorry on this site handbrake said it doesnt rip dvds
https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/IsIsnt
and i see other yahoo answers threads complaining how it wont rip their movies (commerical movies not home made dvds)

I assume the original source file plays as it should. mp4 is a container format, it doesn't contain any video so you'll have to be more specific about which codec you're using (xvid,mpeg4 etc). Trying a different codec is a good start especially since x264 is notoriously slow

FYI Handbrake is a better GUI ripper (although I use a mencoder CLI script because I had nothing better to do one day)

Back