Cost Estimate Please: 2001 Dodge Caravan Fuel pump/filter?

FrankF

May 27, 2008
It's not that I don't trust the guy I've been using for the last 15 years, but comparable to other vehicles I've had, this seems extreme. Replacement cost for new fuel filter and new fuel pump is 580ish. I've searched the net for part costs and labor hours, but couldn't find labor hours, and the parts costs vary wildly.

Thanks for any help!

Hey Big guy! Ok, let me help out. Believe it or not that is probaly pretty close to being right. Dropping a gas tank is between 1.8 to 2.5 hours usually on a Dodge. However the price of the part is going to be marked up. If you go to a restaurant and you know they purchase a steak for two bucks and you find out you paid over twenty bucks for the dinner would you be upset? The mark up in car parts aren't that high but they have to survive just as in any business. It's called a profit. Good Luck!

Hey Big guy! Ok, let me help out. Believe it or not that is probaly pretty close to being right. Dropping a gas tank is between 1.8 to 2.5 hours usually on a Dodge. However the price of the part is going to be marked up. If you go to a restaurant and you know they purchase a steak for two bucks and you find out you paid over twenty bucks for the dinner would you be upset? The mark up in car parts aren't that high but they have to survive just as in any business. It's called a profit. Good Luck!

Back